Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Que Pinta!

I'll start by saying this: If anyone plans on going out of the country, ever, chose to bring your passport. Yes ladies and gentlemen, yours truly forgot her passport 5 hours away from the airport. Thanks to everyone that prayed and tried to help a sister out.

So for those of you who don't know, I went to Honduras this weekend for my cousin's wedding. It was a whirlwind trip and I didn't know what to expect going into it. I came home with a new appreciation for my family, my life, and other human beings. Obviously one post isn't going to do the trick this time. So this will most likely come in two to three parts. 


The whole reason for the Honduras adventure was to celebrate this beautiful couple. Carola and Juan. They are the prime example of what love is and did a wonderful job making me cry like a baby with their vows.


This peridot green was the perfect color for a summer wedding (a nod to August birthdays HOLLAA.) The wedding is when I first met all my girly cousins! They were all so gorgeous and adorable right off the bat, it was impossible not to love them from the start!



As you can see it didn't take us long to become severely attached. These girls are some of my favorite people already I'm not sure what I'll do without them! Besitos Nicolle y Maria xoxo



Esmeralda, Esme, Loly. The girl of many names but only one adjective: FABULOUS. Girl, you are the bees knees. 


We bridesmaids got together to take some glam shots. There were so many poses and even more laughs!


The groomsmen were equally as handsome and we were beautiful. Must run in the family I guess heeheehee.


The place Carola and Juan chose for their wedding was perfect! It was a lush and green garden with a covered area for dancing and dining. Everything was arranged perfectly from the decorations to the cake!


My daddy gave the bride away, my mom gave a little speech, and I obviously was a bridesmaid. We were all so honored that Carola would think to invite us and even more honored that she asked us to be in her wedding. She is truly the most genuine, caring, and sweet girl I have ever known.


After the cake was cut, the bridal party was given lanterns. We lit them and away they flew, how romantic. Oh yeah, and Carola&Juan's lantern, it was in the shape of a heart. Yeah I know its almost too cute to handle.


It was a beautiful start to a gorgeous day in Honduras. My first interaction with my family since I was 4 and I already felt like I had known them for a lifetime. I honestly don't know how I'll survive without them. Los amo a todos! <3
-Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment