Sunday, June 5, 2011

Tari the Terrific!


Tari (my darling sister) has on a regular basis, fabulous tea parties! I asked her to let us in on how she does it like a champ.



So here's the scoop:

Cucumber sandwiches that are a snap to make:
Ingredients:
Bread (crusts removed and sliced into squares)
Cream cheese (softened)
Cucumbers (thinly sliced)
Mandarin Orange slices

Do: Take a square of bread, slather a bit of cream cheese on it,
add a cucumber slice,
add another square with cream cheese top
add a mandarin orange segment and a toothpick viola!









Honey Baked Brie

Do: I sliced the Brie and added Honey on top, baked in the oven for about 15 minutes on 350 until it was just melty and surrounded with Town House crackers.
A real hit and super simple!





Making many tea things can be a chore, so make it easy for yourself by making things from kits (quality kits) I chose sof'ella Gourmet Natural foods from World Market, very good quality, didn't taste like a kit at all! www.sofellafoods.com/

Cheater cheater pumpkin eater Strawberry Cheesecake

White Chocolate Raspberry Scones (Ahhhmazing)

Cute cupcakes are a must: I made carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and topped with a sour-patch rabbit.
Presentation presentation presentation! I can't emphasize this enough! I found a three tiered tidbit tray and used it for the cupcakes, another for sandwiches and a cake stand for the cheesecake. I layered the tables in a cream colored tablecloth and curtains, yes I came across some lace curtains and used them to make everything appear more "tea-like" and hoidie toidie!

I love mismatching tea cups that I get as gifts or find at thrift stores, everyone can have their own cup of tea and no name tags required!

I laid out a number of tea things Tea pots, a variety of teas (Ginger Peach from Republic of Tea is my current favorite)  lemon slices, honey, sugar, milk and having the tea kettle on the stove at the ready!



Oh Labels! I found the darling tags shown above at Michael's and thought they did a splendid job of  setting the tone and informing people of the available treats!

Hope this Satisfies!
--
Tari Burt

Tari will now be our go-to home/garden/entertaining muse! If you want to ask her any questions you can contact her through Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/tariburt or email her at tariburt@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment